Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A yummy rich chicken dish to pour over egg noodles. This recipe is super easy, and the only dirty dish beside the crock pot itself is a mixing cup and spoons!
- 6 skinless chicken thighs
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (4 ounce) cans sliced mushrooms, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup creme fraiche (or sub with sour cream)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb egg noodles, cooked
- Place chicken, mushrooms, wine and soup in the crock pot and stir. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours (or 7-9 hours on low).
- Half an hour before serving, mix the creme fraiche and flour. Remove the bones now if you did not use boneless thighs.
- Add the creme fraiche and flour mixture to the chicken and gravy and stir until the chicken falls apart into fork-sized pieces.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Continue to cook for 30 minutes on low.
- Serve chicken and sauce over hot cooked noodles.
This was decent but definitely was lacking flavor IMO. I used fresh baby bella's and followed as stated. Will try again but beef up the seasoning for sure. Thank you for posting!
What a simple and GREAT dish! I used red wine becuase I didn't have white and it was wonderful! Also, I used organic cream of mushroom soup that was not condensed and very hearty, so I did not add the additional mushrooms. It turned out wonderful. Thanks for such an easy and great recipe! It's now in our dinner rotation