Recipe by jrbennett
I attended a cooking class and the chef prepared this at home since it was a crock pot recipe but showed us how to prepare the meal during our class. It is a meal I prepare often. When our son and his wife come for dinner she always requests chicken stew. I serve it with polenta. The gravy is awesome!!
Top Review by domestic shenanigans
This was DELICIOUS. I had extra mushrooms too because I <3 mushrooms, but it turned out perfectly. Served it over mashed potatoes and added a bit of extra salt because I also <3 salt. Will definitely make this again, and will enjoy the leftovers over the next couple days.
- 12 ounces of fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock or 1⁄2 cup broth
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup merlot or 1⁄2 other dry wine
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the muhrooms, onion and garlic in the insert of a slow cooker.
- Season generously with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Season chicken generously with salt and pepper and place in the insert on top of the vegetables.
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken broth, tomato paste, wine, tapioca,thyme 1/4 teasoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.Pour over chicken and vegetables in the insert.
- Cover and cook 3 to 4 hours on high or 7 to 8 hours on low.