Recipe by Shirin Jacobs
I modified a beef stew recipe to make this Chicken stew recipe. It's an easy to make meal that goes great with some warm rolls or biscuits.
Top Review by KelseyE
I can't believe that this got less than 5 stars from anyone. Mine was outstanding.....it is very flavorful. I always add extra chicken and garlic to anything that calls for both. This recipe is EASY and delicous. I've made it many times.
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 russet potatoes or 4 yukon gold potatoes, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 cup green beans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cut up chicken in crock pot.
- Mix flour, salt, pepper, and paprika in a small bowl, and pour over chicken; stir to coat chicken with flour.
- Add remaining ingredients (except green beans) and mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours, or high 4-5 hours.
- Add green beans (optional) 1 hour before serving.