Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I prefer this over beef stew. It's very easy to throw together during the week. I like to serve this with a sweet bread like Hawaiian or Sweet Potato bread like recipe 26162! YUM!
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut in cubes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup celery, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- salt (depending on sodium content in broth)
- In a crock pot, combine the chicken broth and tomato paste. Add next 9 ingredients and stir to mix well. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- Mix water and cornstarch in small bowl; stir until smooth. Stir into stew. Cook, covered, for 30 minutes more until thickened.
It's pretty good, I'll try it next time with potatoes. Not a big wow in our family.
This has become another of our staple meals. I deleted the celery and added 2 potatoes. For us the recipe makes 2 hearty servings that are well within our calorie allotment. I also deleted the cornstarch as the potatoe thickens it enough.