Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I came across this when I was looking for a way to use some cooked leftover chicken I had. I adapted it a bit to fit our taste.
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium chopped carrot
- 2 stacks of chopped celery
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 chopped small potatoes
- 1 tablespoon of minced drying onion
- Mix all above ingredients and place into crock pot.
- Pour broth in over ingredients and turn on low for 6 hours.
- Stir a couple of times during cooking process to mix soup.
- Serve with cornbread or muffins.
This makes a good weekend batch of soup for a single diner. I can make a meal of soup and bread. I served as is on Saturday and cooked up some homemade noodles to add on Sunday. Thanks for posting another keeper Stitcher! Made and enjoyed for PAC Spring '09.