Recipe by Sassy in da South
Another quick and easy chicken crock pot dish.
Top Review by Shelbrain
This was a good meal. There wasnt a ton of flavor, however I think both my toddlers ate it because of this. They dont usually eat brown rice, but both of them gobbled it right up. I made the recipe exactly as described. We will be making this again. My wife said the almonds added a nice texture for a change. Thanks!
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown rice
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 10 -12 chicken pieces
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray crock pot with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl combine soups, butter and juice.
- Place rice in crock pot and pour 1/2 soup mixture to cover.
- Place chicken in next.
- Pour remaining soup over chicken.
- Top with almonds and cheese.
- Cook on LOW 8 to 10 hours.