Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This is great when you don't have time to watch the oven for the chicken & rice to bake. I can put it in the crock pot overnight and it's ready when I wake up. Make sure to use a crock pot liner.
- Spray crockpot with cooking spray or place liner in crockpot.
- Place chicken broth, soup and seasonings in and stir.
- Stir in rice and millet.
- Place drumsticks on top and sprinkle with paprika.
- Cook 5-6 hours on low.
- If needed, add up to 1 cup water while cooking.
- This will set up like the original campbell soup recipe.
Sorry, but this recipe didn't work for me. After 5 hours (on LOW) rice was mushy, extremely overcooked. It might work if you cook only the chicken in the crock (with less liquid) and serve it on separately cooked rice? I also added spices, otherwise it would be extremely plain. (What do Americans have against salt? Most recipes have no salt at all!)