Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 hrs
I love Campbell's chicken and rice bake, but I don't always have time to wait around the house while it bakes. I love my crockpot and try to fix as much as I can in it.
- 2 cups rice
- 1⁄2 cup lentils
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (14 ounce) can fat free chicken broth
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- Place chicken broth, soup, and garlic in cold crock pot. You can use a crock pot liner, if desired.
- Stir soup and chicken broth.
- Turn crock pot on high.
- Stir in rice and lentils.
- Place chicken drumsticks on top.
- Cook 5-6 hours, checking liquid levels every 2 hours or so.
- If needed, add up to 1 cup of water as needed.
- Season as desired.
- This should set up like the original Campbell soup recipe, nice and thick with the chicken lying on top.