Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Chicken and light dressing make this a lighter Reuben casserole.
Make and share this Crock Pot Chicken Reuben Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (16 ounce) bags sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup light thousand island dressing, divided
- 6 boneless chicken breast halves, without skin
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 4 -6 slices swiss cheese
- fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Place half the sauerkraut in a 3 1/2 quart electric slow cooker. Drizzle on about 1/3 cup of the dressing.
- Top with 3 chicken breast halves and spread the mustard over the chicken. Top with the remaining sauerkraut and chicken breasts.
- Drizzle another 1/3 cup dressing over the casserole. Refrigerate the remaining dressing until serving them.
- Cover and cook on the low heat setting about 3 1/2 to 4 hours, or until the chicken is white throughout and tender.
- To serve, spoon the casserole onto 6 plates. Top each with a slice of cheese and drizzle with a few teaspoons of the Russian dressing.
- Serve immediately, garnished with fresh parsley, if desired.
This was a really great dish. I made it as instructed and after my family got done with it, there was only a little bit of sauerkraut left in the bottom of the crock pot! The flavor really soaked into the chicken and made it taste wonderful. I used fat-free dressing to save on my waist line a bit but I couldn't tell the difference. I think I might get a corned beef roast next time and add it with the chicken. We served everything open-faced over Marbled Rye bread. Thank you for posting. It was one of the best meals I've had in a LONG time!