Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This recipe came from a weight watchers cookbook on crock pot cooking. I have been making it almost once a week since. So quick and easy and very few ingredients. Most importantly...my kids will eat it.
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can pasta-style chunky tomatoes, undrained
- Place chicken in slow cooker and sprinkle with basil, salt and pepper.
- Pour tomatoes and beans over chicken and sprinkle with the yellow peppers.
- Cover with lid and cook on high 1 hour and low 5 hours.
- Spoon bean mixture into each of 4 shallow bowls.
- Top each with 1 breast and 3/4 cup bean mixture.
We really enjoyed this one. What an easy, good, and different dinner! I'll definitely be making this again.
This was excellant. I used roasted diced tomatoes and italian seasoning and it is a keeper
Wow...how easy was that to make!?! I used a cup of frozen pepper stir-fry(red, yellow, and green bell peppers with some onion), and I added a bay leaf to the pot. It was very good. I will definitely make it OFTEN.