Recipe by Miraklegirl
This came from some crock pot site on the 'net. I haven't tried it, but it looks really easy and tasty. Let me know how it is..
Top Review by moxie
This is just a wonderful delicious and healthy dish. I love the mix or orange and fennel flavors in it, and it is so beautiful garnished with the basil. It's a rare recipe that's easy enough for every day, but delicious enough for company, but this one fits the bill! Thanks for sharing it.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, each cut into quarters
- 2 medium red peppers, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (28 ounce) can plum tomatoes, drained
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 3 slices orange rind
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf, chopped