Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This came from some crock pot site on the 'net. I haven't tried it, but it looks really easy and tasty. Let me know how it is..
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, each cut into quarters
- 2 medium red peppers, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (28 ounce) can plum tomatoes, drained
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 3 slices orange rind
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf, chopped
- Place all ingredients in the slow cooker, except for the basil leaves.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Cover; cook on Low for 7 to 9 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Garnish with basil.
This is just a wonderful delicious and healthy dish. I love the mix or orange and fennel flavors in it, and it is so beautiful garnished with the basil. It's a rare recipe that's easy enough for every day, but delicious enough for company, but this one fits the bill! Thanks for sharing it.
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO easy to do, Combine and let itself cook too! LOVE orange rind, fennel combination,TRUE! Thank you from me to you!
This is good .. We had it for dinner today with a salad and potatoes .. thanks