Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This recipe came from another web site. Very tasty meal.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Place all ingredients in crock pot.
- Stir to make sure chicken is coated well.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Hint: This is very good served over pasta.
I don't think this tasted like pizza at all, especially when served over squash or noodles. I liked it though. Next time I'll add a lot more garlic (cloves) and more vegetables. Mushrooms and zucchini would be a good addition. I didn't cut my chicken before I placed it in the crock pot. I always put in frozen chicken breasts and shred it with my spoon about 30 minutes - 1 hour before it is done. It saves time, and you don't have to remember to thaw the chicken.
Yum. Too good and so easy. I used minced garlic instead of powdered and I didn't cut the chicken into pieces before cooking. It just fell apart when done. I served this over spaghetti with grated parmesean cheese on top. Mine was done in after 7 hours on low. The smell of this cooking is Wonderful!
Not entirely sure this tasted like pizza, but it was delicious. Loved the flavours. We served it over pasta and it went down well.