Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This recipe came from another web site. Very tasty meal.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Place all ingredients in crock pot.
- Stir to make sure chicken is coated well.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Hint: This is very good served over pasta.
I don't think this tasted like pizza at all, especially when served over squash or noodles. I liked it though. Next time I'll add a lot more garlic (cloves) and more vegetables. Mushrooms and zucchini would be a good addition. I didn't cut my chicken before I placed it in the crock pot. I always put in frozen chicken breasts and shred it with my spoon about 30 minutes - 1 hour before it is done. It saves time, and you don't have to remember to thaw the chicken.
Yum. Too good and so easy. I used minced garlic instead of powdered and I didn't cut the chicken into pieces before cooking. It just fell apart when done. I served this over spaghetti with grated parmesean cheese on top. Mine was done in after 7 hours on low. The smell of this cooking is Wonderful!
Was not good. Didn't taste like pizza at all.