Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Don't know where this came from, but it is a tasty meal.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup butter
- 1 (14 ounce) jar pizza sauce
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese
- parmesan cheese
- In a bowl, beat egg, salt (if used), and pepper.
- Dip chicken into egg; coat with bread crumbs.
- In a large skillet, saute chicken in butter.
- Arrange chicken in crock pot; pour pizza sauce over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours.
- Add mozzarella cheese, sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
- Cook 15 minutes.
Excellent, so moist and fork tender. Will definately make this again.
Delicious! I did make a few minor changes. First I used a little less butter, I used two eggs instead of one, and I added 3 Tblsp. of parmesean cheese to the bread crumbs I coated chicken with. This cooked up fantastic in the crockpot, very tender, and yummy. I thought maybe spaghetti sauce instead of pizza sauce, but the pizza sauce gave it more flavor. Whole family commented on how good it was! We enjoyed this very much, thanks for the great recipe!