Top Review by KeyWee
This was so tendy & flavorful! I made a few changes, but nothing drastic (just trying to please the picky guy again!). I used whole chicken legs that I had on hand and removed the skin. Layered a large sliced onion on the bottom of pot as DH won't eat eggplant. Also added an extra can of pizza sauce to serve with pasta on the side. Tossed in a tablespoon of Italian herbs just for kicks. But otherwise the basic recipe is great. We'll definitely be making this again - thanks!
- 3 whole chicken breasts (or 6 halves)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 eggplant, sliced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut whole chicken breasts into halves.
- In bowl, beat egg, salt, and pepper.
- Dip chicken into egg then coat with crumbs.
- In large skillet, saute chicken in butter or margarine. Arrange chicken and eggplant in crock pot with eggplant on bottom.
- Pour pizza sauce over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours.
- Add Mozzarella cheese 15 minutes before serving.
- Top with Parmesan cheese.