Recipe by ~Bekah~
A recipe I adopted from a lovely chef..."This recipe was inspired by chef marie's Chicken Baked in Milk and Butter #76910. I was making it and changed things around to make it in my crock pot and then made the cheese sauce from the leftover juices and thought I'd post a new recipe for it! Hubby and I enjoyed it and I hope you do to!(= "
Top Review by * Pamela *
I left this recipe out for my Husband to make while I was at school. It was his kind of recipe because all he had to do was add the milk to the chicken and I did everything else when I got home, lol! This was pretty good but i just could not get the sauce to thicken up as much as I would have liked. I served this with spaghetti and rach bread recipe #102957. Thanks for posting!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 3 medium)
- 1 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch (or more to thicken as needed)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (or more to thicken as needed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken, milk, and butter in crock pot and cook on low 5-6 hours (until done).
- When chicken in cooked through, remove from crock pot and add cornstarch and parmesan cheese to juices in crock pot and stir until thickened.
- Spread cheese mixture on chicken, sprinkle with parsley, and serve.