Recipe by Foxxyladyone
No bread, no fry--tender as can be.
Top Review by mickeydownunder
Gday! LOVE the simplicity! The key to this recipe IS THE SAUCE for me! Used canned tomato, garlic, basil, onion too! Added some mix herbs, TASTED it before I did do! Chicken took exactly 5 hours to make, Am am glad I did not have to bake! I KNOW with a crockpot, NOT supposed to do, But lifted the lid and stirred chicken half way through, I didn't like idea of chicken staying on bottom of crockpot even on low, I would definately make this again and suggest you "Have a go"!
- 16 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (4 ounce) cansliced black olives (optional)
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken breasts into 4 oz serving size and place in crock pot.
- In a bowl, mix the tomatoes, olives, mushrooms, garlic and spices. Pour over chicken and spread evenly. Push down while spreading to ensure the sauce flows around the chicken.
- Set crock pot to low and cook 8 - 10 hours.
- 5 minutes before serving, place 1 ounce of mozzarella on each piece of chicken and allow to melt.
- Serve with whole wheat pasta, if desired (add about 200 calories for the pasta).