Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
No bread, no fry--tender as can be.
Make and share this Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan recipe from Food.com.
- Cut chicken breasts into 4 oz serving size and place in crock pot.
- In a bowl, mix the tomatoes, olives, mushrooms, garlic and spices. Pour over chicken and spread evenly. Push down while spreading to ensure the sauce flows around the chicken.
- Set crock pot to low and cook 8 - 10 hours.
- 5 minutes before serving, place 1 ounce of mozzarella on each piece of chicken and allow to melt.
- Serve with whole wheat pasta, if desired (add about 200 calories for the pasta).
Gday! LOVE the simplicity! The key to this recipe IS THE SAUCE for me! Used canned tomato, garlic, basil, onion too! Added some mix herbs, TASTED it before I did do! Chicken took exactly 5 hours to make, Am am glad I did not have to bake! I KNOW with a crockpot, NOT supposed to do, But lifted the lid and stirred chicken half way through, I didn't like idea of chicken staying on bottom of crockpot even on low, I would definately make this again and suggest you "Have a go"!
Made for Spring PAC 2008. This was easy to throw together in the morning before going off to work. I followed the recipe as written and everyone liked it but no one really loved it. I put the chicken and sauce over spaghetti and then covered with mozzarella cheese. Ten hours was way too long to cook. I only cooked for six and my chicken was too dry. I think we may have liked this more with my own spaghetti sauce instead. It didn't make enough sauce for four of us either.
It was just o.k. I thought it could use more spice. That is just me. The flavor was good, just not great. Was very tender! I think with the addition of wine, this could have potential.