Recipe by Ninna
This is easy and very tasty. From somewhere online.
Top Review by AmyMCGS
I was short on time, so I skipped browning the chicken and used chicken tenders instead of breasts. I just added the seasonings in with the frozen tenders, cooked on high for an hour, then turned it down to low and proceeded with making the sauce. After a couple of hours on low, I just added the cheese into the crockpot rather than transferring it to the oven. Even with my shortcuts, we still enjoyed this chicken. I served it over multicolored rotini with a side of green beans. I'm sure I'll make this again- thanks for sharing!
- 8 chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper
- italian seasoning, to taste
- 1 (420 g) can tomato soup
- 1⁄2-1 cup water, I use 1/2c, add more later if necessary
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown chicken with garlic, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning in a little olive oil.
- Mix tomato soup, water, and bay leaf in crock pot, add chicken and cook for 3 to 4 hours until tender - my crock pot seems to cook very quickly, much quicker than the old one I had years ago so cooking time is approximate.
- Remove chicken and sauce to casserole dish, (remove bay leaf) sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Heat in 160 deg C - 180 deg C (324 deg F - 350 deg F) oven until cheese is melted.
- Serve with rice or noodles.