Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Ooo La La! I LOVE my crockpot and my DH LOVES this recipe! Served with rice or noodles, a hot veggie or salad, a crusty loaf of bread, and a glass of white wine, you'll have an easy and romantic mid-week dinner waiting for you when you get home! Enjoy your evening!
- 6 medium chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄2 cup white wine (save the rest of the bottle to make a toast with hubby) or 1⁄2 cup water, if you don't like wine
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained or 4 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- Sprinkle chicken breasts lightly with salt, pepper, paprika and rosemary.
- Place in crock pot.
- Mix wine (or water), soup, and mushrooms until well combined.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours (or on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours).
- Mix sour cream and flour and add during the last 30 minutes.
- Bon Appétit!
This is a family favorite of ours! We like it so much, I started making it on the stove with cubed cooked chicken -- it's so fast that way, and tastes just as good.
I made this to serve over pasta but used cream of chicken soup instead, this was nice but a bit bland for our tastes. I really think it needed some extra flavour, some onion, garlic, some more herbs and maybe even bacon would all be good additions. Nice & simple to do but lacking flavour for us, sorry!
This was a great posting. I needed something quick to make for dinner for a few friends who came over at the last minute (and had to prepare it on the stovetop instead of in the crock pot). The taste was very savory and not overpowering. I served it with rice, asparagus, and scalloped tomatoes. It was a huge hit. Thank you for a great, easy recipe!