Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Low carbing it? This makes a great supper, and it's so easy just to prepare in the morning and it's ready when you come home hungry for supper! I've doubled the recipe and froze the chicken breasts in single servings to just pop in the microwave.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place 4 chicken breasts in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Sprinkle with half of the paprika.
- Then, cover with a layer of zucchini and onions.
- Add the oil, then sprinkle generously with the rest of the paprika.
- Pour the cup of water into the crock pot (down the side to not wash the paprika away).
- Cook on low temperature 6-8 hours.
Mirj, thanks for posting this wonderful recipe. I am having to change some cooking habits for DH, and this one is A-1! I used chicken breast halves that had bones, and cooked it 6 hours. The chicken was moist, the zucchini still looked bright, and the sauce was way too good to be healthy. LOL! This one goes into my tried and true book, 'cause I will surely be making this again. Thanks!
This one just didn't do it for me. I used chicken stock and good Hungarian paprika and even seasoned the veggies with Mrs Dash table blend. I used the zucchini as well as yellow squash. I just didn't think the chicken had any flavor at all. Tasted like boiled chicken which I don't care for. Loved the easy concept but won't make it again.
The chicken was very juicy and tasty. I thought the squash was over done, but still good. I ommitted the paprika and used chicken seasoning and salt instead.