Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Another simple dish that is sure to please.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 236.59 ml low sodium chicken broth
- 1.23 ml Season-All salt
- 1.23 ml italian seasoning
- 1.23 ml onion powder
- 0.59 ml garlic powder
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 304.75 g can cream of chicken soup
- 113.39 g cream cheese, softened
- 226.79 g medium egg noodles
- Pour the broth into a crock pot then add the chicken & spices. Cook on high for 2.5 hours or on low for 5 hours.
- Remove the chicken & shred, place back in the pot. Mix in the soup & cream cheese, stir until melted. Cover with the lid & continue to cook on low for 30 minutes.
- During the last 10 minutes cook the noodles as directed on the package. Once done, drain & add to the chicken mixture. Serve hot.
This was wonderful!! My DD ESPECIALLY loved it. And crockpot,too? This is going in my "make over and over" book!! Thank you!! masde for ZWT6 and the Xtra Hot Dishes.
This recipe was SO yummy but I made a few changes with the ingredients I had on hand. I added about a half cup of sliced carrots, a half cup of sliced celery and 1/4 cup diced onion to the chicken and broth in the crock pot to start. Then, I did not have cream of chicken soup so I used a packet of McCormick chicken gravy and mixed that with a can of chicken broth in a saucepan. When that was hot I added the cream cheese and 1/2 tsp dried thyme, whisking until smooth and creamy. After shredding the chicken in the crock pot I added the noodles and sauce and stirred until mixed well. Dee-lish! Next time I will add some frozen peas at the end but didn't have them this time.
This receives 10 stars, you talk about an easy and delicious dish!! The chicken has a very good flavor from the seasonings that you add. I'd use this seasoning/cooking method for any recipe that calls for cooked chicken. I used bone in chicken that I removed the skin before cooking. I can not see paying the extra money for boneless when I can de-bone my own. I will make this again next week to use up the other half of cream cheese. Made for the Best of 2011 Cookbook Official Game