Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Edited to add: I just made these again last night using 1 lb of pork stir fry strips instead of chicken and it turned out great! Very flavorful. I stirred in an extra TBS of taco seasoning an hour before it was done based on the other reviews but I'm not sure it needed it. I would suggest maybe only adding the extra taco seasoning if your chicken breasts are large or you're using more than a pound of pork. These are really easy to make and taste Great rolled up in warm flour tortillas with all the usual fajita toppings.
- 3 chicken breasts (cut into about 3 or 4 strips each)
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 lime, juice of
- 44.37 ml taco seasoning (or more)
- 236.59 ml salsa
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- Stir to combine all ingredients in a crock pot and cook on high for 3-4 hours.
- Just before serving, heat flour tortillas in foil at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Serve fajita mixture with warmed flour tortillas and all your favorite toppings, such as: sour cream, cheese, guacamole, etc.
This was just ok for us too. It didn't have the flavor we were looking for in a fajita. I think I could fix that though.
This was O.K. Maybe it was the salsa I used, but the flavor just wasn't there. Next time I will use a different type of salsa and maybe add more taco seasoning.
This was wonderful! I did not use the lime either and I used a bag of frozen bell peppers and onions. My family loved this. I will be making this again. I made extra so I could freeze it for nights that I go to school. Thanks for the recipe!