Recipe by thepurpleturtle
Edited to add: I just made these again last night using 1 lb of pork stir fry strips instead of chicken and it turned out great! Very flavorful. I stirred in an extra TBS of taco seasoning an hour before it was done based on the other reviews but I'm not sure it needed it. I would suggest maybe only adding the extra taco seasoning if your chicken breasts are large or you're using more than a pound of pork. These are really easy to make and taste Great rolled up in warm flour tortillas with all the usual fajita toppings.
- 3 chicken breasts (cut into about 3 or 4 strips each)
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 lime, juice of
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning (or more)
- 1 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir to combine all ingredients in a crock pot and cook on high for 3-4 hours.
- Just before serving, heat flour tortillas in foil at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Serve fajita mixture with warmed flour tortillas and all your favorite toppings, such as: sour cream, cheese, guacamole, etc.