Recipe by dawnie2u
I have not made this recipe yet, but it is tried and true by a friend of mine, on another board, Marsha Tbay, a very reliable source. What I like about this recipe is that it is so versatile, you can use chicken, beef or pork to vary it. Personally, I would brown the meat first in a little oil then continue with the recipe. The 8-10 hours is the time it is cooking in the crock pot.
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (cut in 1-inch cubes or (2 lb. beef round, chuck or pork shoulder or butt cut into cubes)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 2 large onions (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 6 small red potatoes (quartered)
- 3 poblano peppers (seeded and diced)
- 10 tomatillos (husked, chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth (low sodium)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except cilantro in crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 8-10 hours.
- Serve garnished with chopped cilantro.
- Note: Comments from the person originally posted this: This is what we had for dinner tonight. It's delicious! The original recipe called for 2 pounds of beef round or chuck, cut in 1 inch pieces, but I substituted 5 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, and it turned out fine.