8 hrs 20 mins
I have not made this recipe yet, but it is tried and true by a friend of mine, on another board, Marsha Tbay, a very reliable source. What I like about this recipe is that it is so versatile, you can use chicken, beef or pork to vary it. Personally, I would brown the meat first in a little oil then continue with the recipe. The 8-10 hours is the time it is cooking in the crock pot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (cut in 1-inch cubes or (2 lb. beef round, chuck or pork shoulder or butt cut into cubes)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 2 large onions (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 6 small red potatoes (quartered)
- 3 poblano peppers (seeded and diced)
- 10 tomatillos (husked, chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth (low sodium)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1Combine all ingredients except cilantro in crock pot.
- 2Cover and cook on low setting for 8-10 hours.
- 3Serve garnished with chopped cilantro.
- 4Note: Comments from the person originally posted this: This is what we had for dinner tonight. It's delicious! The original recipe called for 2 pounds of beef round or chuck, cut in 1 inch pieces, but I substituted 5 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, and it turned out fine.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Chicken (Or Beef or Pork) Green Chile Stew
Serving Size: 1 (450 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.5
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 57.0 mg
- Sodium 272.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 29.3 g