Recipe by Chelle_DaysFlutterby
Comfort food - chicken noodle soup
Top Review by rosemere
This soup was very good and comforting during the freezing weather we were having. Also, had some sick ones and they enjoyed it, too. Will make it again sometime. I left the accent out and added some extra spices, Spike. Also cooked the noodles separate and added to each bowl so they wouldn't get mushy. Thank you.
- 1 (2 lb) chicken, cut up
- 2 quarts water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 leeks or 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram or 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 ounces noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients except noodles in the Crock Pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
- Remove chicken and bay leaf from pot; take meat from bones, dice, and return to broth, and add the noodles.
- Cook another hour or until noodles are done (about 1/2 hour on high).