Comfort food at its best. This recipe is very easy - and reminds me of Grandmas Home Made Make You Feel Better Chicken Soup.
- 4 -5 cups chicken, cut up (Roast chicken is most flavourful)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 4 instant chicken instant Oxo, packages (or 2 cubes)
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of celery soup (or potato or mushroom or combination of any two)
- 1 medium onion, cut up
- 5 stalks celery
- 3 carrots, cut up
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen peas
- 2 cups egg noodles
- Combine ALL the ingredients except the noodles in your crock pot.
- Cook on high 4 - 5 hours.
- In the last 10 minutes stirr in the egg noodles.
I cut the recipe in half and used leftover chicken from Roast Chicken with Lemon-Dill Sauce and 1 can of cream of potato soup for the "chunk" of it. It was super flavorful with the dill-lemon from the chicken. This is definitely a keeper. It was wonderful reheated for lunch the next day. I did cook the noodles in a separate pan when I got home from work. Thanks for sharing SEvans. Made for My3Chefs Nov '09.