This is one of my mom's recipes. I was sick with a summer cold and this really hit the spot. Hardly any effort. It's soup the first night and it's not so much like a soup the next day. The noodles soak up the liquid but it's still REALLY good!
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth, with garlic
- 10 3⁄4 ounces Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup, with herbs
- 10 3⁄4 ounces campbell's cream of celery soup
- 4 stalks celery, washed and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup baby carrots (optional)
- 1 (16 ounce) bag egg noodles
- Put everything into the crock pot EXCEPT for the noodles.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred.
- Replace chicken back into crock pot.
- Add noodles and cook on high for 1/2 hour or until cooked, depending on your crock pot.