Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Crock pot chicken noodle soup
- 2 onions
- 4 carrots
- 4 celery ribs
- 1 whole chicken, cut up
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 tablespoons basil
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 cups canned chicken broth
- 1 package rotini noodles
- Cut up onion, carrots and celery and place in bottom of crock pot.
- Put cut-up chicken on top.
- Pour white wine and chicken broth over all.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic and basil.
- Cook 8 hours on low.
- Remove chicken and cool.
- Debone chicken and cut up into bite size pieces.
- Cook rotini according to package directions.
- Add chicken and noodles to crock pot.
Extremely delicious. Recommend allowing the broth to cool and scrape any fat off before combining with chicken and noodles to decrease fat content.
This soup was pretty bland and calls for too much oregano. My kids wouldn't touch it because it had "too much green stuff" in it. Also, I used one box of rotini, which was way too much. There was hardly any liquid left after I put the noodles in.
This soup was bland and tasteless. In my opinion it would have been much better without the wine and with egg noodles instead of rotini pasta. My husband and I continued to add more spices to it and nothing helped. My husband who is normally a huge chicken noodle soup fan was extremely disapointed.