Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 hrs
The only way I will make chicken and dumplings, this is the easiest! You can also use those frozen "flat" dumplings instead of canned biscuits.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in small chunks
- 2 (10 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup baby carrots, cut into small chunks
- 2 cups water
- 2 (10 ounce) packages refrigerated biscuits
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- Combine all ingredients, except biscuits, in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 hours.
- 30 minutes before serving, tear biscuit dough into 1-inch pieces. Add to your slow cooker; stirring gently.
- Cover and cook on high for an additional 30 minutes or until biscuits are fluffed up and cooked through.
I made this on the stovetop, simmering the chicken & onions in the water for 40 minutes before adding the soups, then bringing back to a simmer before adding the biscuits. I then simmered everything, covered, for about 15 minutes, and it was perfect. :)
This recipe was super easy and absolutely delicious! I added chicken broth in place of water so I needed no bouillon cube and I used only one can of biscuits which turned out to be plenty. I also omitted the carrots and onions. I cooked my biscuits on high for 45 min instead of the 30min and I stirred the biscuits about every ten min so they could completely cook. Also when you lift the lid to stir, the delicious smells embody the room and make your mouth water with anticipation.
This is the only way to fix chicken n dumplings. Chunks of tender white meat chicken in a rich broth with fluffy dumplings. I made a couple of adjustments and the rating is based on those changes. I used chicken broth in place of the water and left off the chicken bouillon cube. I used only 1 pack of the biscuits which were cut in quarters and found that to be plenty. A 3/4 teaspoon of poulty seasoning was added to the pot and there were left over peas in the fridge which were thrown in along with the dumplings. This made a very comforting meal.