Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 hrs
This is good served over Couscous or rice. The recipe comes from Woman's Day magazine.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs peeled butternut squash, cut in 1 inch chunks
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, fat trimmed, cut in 1 inch chunks
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 ground cinnamon
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Mix all ingredients EXCEPT chickpeas and parsley in 3 quart or larger crock pot.
- Cover and cook on high 4 to 5 hours or on low 7 to 9 hours until chicken and vegetables are tender.
- Stir in chickpeas and parsley, serve.
This is hearty and good. I added a little feta cheese for garnish. I was expecting more flavor; next time I would add the spices near the end of cooking. Thanks Barb!
Wow, how easy was this?!?! I loved this recipe. I forgot to add the parsley and almost forgot the chickpeas and it would have been fine. Served this with couscous. Leftovers were great too. Next time I'll use some chicken breasts also, or maybe use a whole cut up chicken... Can't wait to try it again!