5 hrs 15 mins
This is a rich, sweet and tangy chicken dish. I invented this recipe for my daughter, who has Crohn's Disease. It is designed to be nutritionally dense, so it is deliberately high in fat. You could leave out the cream, but the ground almonds would still add fat. We serve it with couscous or plain rice - it is rich so you only need small helpings and can add vegetable side dishes of your choice. It's also delicious cold - as a salad or in sandwiches, rather like Coronation Chicken. It freezes beautifully.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Gently fry finely chopped onion in sunflower oil until golden.
- 2Add chicken breasts and brown lightly on both sides.
- 3Transfer meat and onions to pre-heated crock pot.
- 4Pour over stock and apple juice.
- 5Stir in chopped dried apricots.
- 6Stir in ground cinnamon.
- 7Cover and cook on Auto 4-5 hours.
- 8When meat is tender, remove chicken from crock pot and cut in chunks.
- 9Stir ground almonds and cream into sauce.
- 10Return chicken to crock pot and reheat before serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Chicken Lizzy
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 391.9
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 76.6 mg
- Sodium 109.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 27.6 g
- Protein 22.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: