Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
nice comfort food
Make and share this Crock Pot Chicken Lasagna recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small onions, chopped or 1 -2 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper
- 6 -9 lasagna noodles
- 16 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 6 ounces fresh mushrooms, thickly sliced (or shredded cheddar cheese, and american cheese mixture)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) soup can reduced-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) soup can tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (1 ounce) packagedry chicken gravy mix
- 3⁄4 cup reserved broth
- In a 2-quart saucepan, simmer chicken breasts with celery, onion, thyme, salt, and pepper until tender, about 25 minutes. Remove chicken and let cool; cut in bite-size pieces or shred. Reserve 3/4 cup of broth.
- Discard remaining broth or freeze to use in another recipe. Break lasagna noodles in half; boil for about 5 to 8 minutes, until just a little flexible. Drain and rinse with cold water for easier handling. In a medium bowl, combine soup, tomatoes, gravy mix, and reserved broth. In a 3 1/2 to 4-quart slow cooker/Crock Pot, pour in 3/4 cup of the soup mixture. Place 4 to 6 lasagna noodle halves on top of the soup mixture. Add 1/3 of the spinach, 1/3 of the chicken, 1/3 of the mushrooms, and 1/2 cup of shredded cheese. Pour another 3/4 cup soup mixture over all. Repeat layers 2 more times, ending with remaining soup mixture. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours. If cooked too long, the noodles might become mushy, so check after about 4 1/2 hours.
- Serves 4.