Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A great meal. My family loved it. Just make sure you don't overcook the chicken if you have cut it up into chunks (like I did the first time....I THOUGHT it was on low).
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 1 medium celery rib, diced
- 1 bay leaf (remove before serving)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1⁄2 cup romano cheese
- Mix all ingredients EXCEPT grated cheese; put in a crock pot.
- Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese before serving.
- Serve over rice or pasta.
Some seasoning is missing from this recipe and I don't quite know what!! I used 1 cup of carrots and celery plus 4 oz mushrooms and 8 oz tomatoe sauce. The last hour I used to thicken the sauce. I did not have red pepper flakes maybe that is what is missing.. An ok recipe will try again
YUM! The chicken with the tomato and vegetable flavors, wow! This is so good! I didn't change the recipe at all. But I only cut the chicken breasts in half. They came out of the crockpot in 5 hours, moist and tasty! We had a loaf of French bread and a green salad with this. Another winning supper from Miss Annie!! Thanks!
Super good and way easy! Thanks for the recipe!! My crockpot's really fast so next time I will start later. But, yummy! We loved it! Thanks again!! Love, Meg