Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I'm sure everyone has some form of this recipe in their cookbooks. It's easy and fast to put together
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (5/8 ounce) envelope dried Italian salad dressing mix
- 1⁄4 cup white wine or 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- noodles or rice, cooked
- Place the chicken in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Combine the salad dressing and wine (or water) and pour over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 hours.
- Combine cheese and soup and blend.
- Stir in mushrooms.
- Pour over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low 1-2 hours until chicken juices run clear.
- Serve over noodles or rice.
Tish - this was so easy and so good! I made your toasted ravioli as an appetizer, and they were SO good, we filled up and didn't have room for this dish that same night, so I placed it in a Ziploc container, and put the noodles in a Ziploc bag - then both into the fridge. They were very good the next day!
One of our favorite recipes! I have been making this for years! I found it in the "Fix it and Forget it" cookbook and LOVE it! Recently we have been doubling the recipe, using chicken breast tenderloins and serving over a ziti pasta. Then the next day we mix the leftover chicken and sauce in with the leftover noodles, put in a casserole dish, top with mozarella cheese and italian seasoning and bake at 375F for about 30 minutes for a great leftover casserole! Thanks for posting this recipe here!
This WAS very very easy to put together. I only gave it 3 stars...i thought it was pretty good. if i was at a restaurant, i probably wouldn't order it again. My husband LOVEDDDDDD it though. 5 stars from him. i added parmesan cheese like another reviewer mentioned. It just seemed alittle over done with the cream cheese maybe? if i make it again i will put less cream cheese and not cook it so long (i think my crockpot cooks alittle too fast). PLEASE don't let my 3 stars fool you. everyone should try this dish!