Prep 2 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This version uses white wine and only 3 other ingredients, including the chicken. Only 2 minutes prep time involved and in 8 hours you will have yourself one elegant and delicious meal. For the mushroom lover, add some of these, if you desire. This recipe is courtesy of the Fix It and Forget It Crock pot Cookbook.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can French onion soup
- 1 cup dry white wine or 1 cup chicken broth
- fresh mushrooms (optional) or canned mushroom (optional)
- Place the breasts in the crock pot.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on Low for 8 hours.
- Serve over rice, pasta or potatoes.
This is a very simple weeknight dinner. It works great when time is limited. The sauce was a bit thin, in my opinion. However, it had a nice flavor served over noodles. I would add a bit of thickener, or remove the lid of the crockpot and allow the sauce to reduce (if time allowed) if I were to make this again.
I was looking for something REALLY fast, easy and yummy. I put my chicken in frozen, and only added 1/2 C wine (because it looked really thin). I also added about 1-2 tsp of thyme, and about 1 tsp of garlic powder. I did not serve it over anything, I just had the chicken and the sauce (with baked potato and carrots on the side). Even my picky kid ate it. We will be making this again.
This was super simple and made a lovely, delicious, minimal effort family dinner. I added mushrooms in during the last hour of cooking. The meat was tender enough to slice easily with a fork. The sauce--unbelievably delicious. Thanks for sharing this recipe. Make sure you have potatoes, rice, or noodles to slather that wonderful sauce over. Yum.