Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This is such a simple recipe to make but it has great flavor!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2⁄3 ounce Italian salad dressing mix
- 4 ounces light cream cheese with chives
- 1⁄2 cup cooking sherry
- 10 3⁄4 ounces reduced calorie cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups Minute Rice
- Put chicken breasts in bottom of crockpot. Melt margarine and add remaining ingredients. Mix well and pour over chicken. Cook on low for 4-5 hours. Make rice according to package directions and serve chicken over rice.
We loved this, but skipped the rice.
Very good, simple recipe! Would be perfect for families. I substituted pinot grigio, which I keep on-hand in a box : ), for the cooking sherry. Would probably work well with any white wine.
I doubled the sauce ingredients. I didn't have dressing mix, so just tossed in about 1/8 - 1/4 cup of Italian Salad Dressing. During the last few minutes of cooking, I added steamed broccoli and cauliflower and served over pasta. It was a hit with everyone!