I'm not Greek, but love the food. This is my take on one of their dishes. UPDATE: After the first two reviews of chicken being a little dry (perhaps breasts too thin), I suggest stacking dinner as follows in the directions:
- 2 -3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, quartered
- 5 medium potatoes, unpeeled, quartered
- 2 large onions, thickly sliced
- 1 whole bulb of garlic, minced
- 3 -4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh pepper
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Night before dinner, place potatoes in large Ziploc bag with olive oil and toss well. (You can skip this if you really need to and put oil on top after the seasonings.).
- Rinse chicken in cold water and shake off excess water but don't dry. Place in bowl with garlic (yes, the ingredients were right, bulb, not clove) and oregano and toss.
- Put potatoes on bottom of cooker. Add chicken, followed by the onions. Add water and lemon juice. Sprinkle with seasonings.
- Cook on high 5-6 hours or low 8-9 hours.