Recipe by Happy Harry #2
I'm not Greek, but love the food. This is my take on one of their dishes. UPDATE: After the first two reviews of chicken being a little dry (perhaps breasts too thin), I suggest stacking dinner as follows in the directions:
Top Review by Jen C Seattle
This is a nice addition to my collection of crock pot recipes. I took the updated instructions to mean that the chicken is layered in between the potatoes and onions and this worked fine for me cooking everything on high for about 6 hours. No dry chicken! I did find that at the end the dish benefited from a generous additional squeeze of lemon juice and hearty sprinkling of sea salt, but that's probably just a matter of personal taste.
- 2 -3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, quartered
- 5 medium potatoes, unpeeled, quartered
- 2 large onions, thickly sliced
- 1 whole bulb of garlic, minced
- 3 -4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh pepper
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Night before dinner, place potatoes in large Ziploc bag with olive oil and toss well. (You can skip this if you really need to and put oil on top after the seasonings.).
- Rinse chicken in cold water and shake off excess water but don't dry. Place in bowl with garlic (yes, the ingredients were right, bulb, not clove) and oregano and toss.
- Put potatoes on bottom of cooker. Add chicken, followed by the onions. Add water and lemon juice. Sprinkle with seasonings.
- Cook on high 5-6 hours or low 8-9 hours.