Top Review by speschel2000
A real winner. Made exactly as stated w/ only one substitution no butter on hand so melted 1/4 cup Smart Balance spread. Worked just fine. I used perhaps a bit more cheese, my slices were approx 4x4 so I used two per breast and overlapped them a bit. Plugged her in at 10am and we ate at 5:30. The chicken was VERY tender. Wonderful on a rainy night. Next time I will add the 3rd cup of stuffing as others have suggested. Thanks for a great and so simple meal. Update: I made this again using Pepperidge Farm stuffing and it came out very mushy. Previously I had used a crouton like stuffing from Mrs. Cubison which held together nicely. The PF was too crushed to begin with for such a long cooking time. Update: Made again for the third time. This time I used healthy request soups and reduced fat swiss cheese. The result was great!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 -6 slices swiss cheese
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 cups Pepperidge Farm Herb Stuffing
- 1⁄2 cup butter, Melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place chicken breasts in crock pot. Pour Chicken broth over breasts.
- Put one slice of Swiss cheese on each breast. Combine both cans of soup and milk.
- Cover chicken breasts with soup mixture. Sprinkle stuffing mix over all.
- Drizzle melted butter on top.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3.