Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 hrs
smells great, tastes great, and easy!!! I think the cream cheese is a great added bonus! Found it in an old church cookbook.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2⁄3 ounce italian seasoning
- 1 onion
- 6 ounces green chilies
- 12 ounces red enchilada sauce
- 10 flour tortillas
- 10 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese
- 4 ounces olives, chopped
- add a small amount of water to the bottom of your crock pot, then add the chicken breasts, Italian seasoning, onion, and green chiles. cook on medium for 4-6 hours. The chicken should be tender enough to shred. Take it out of the crock pot into a large bowl and mix it with the cream cheese and set aside.
- In the crock pot pour enchilada sauce. Then rip the tortillas into strips and set in the sauce.
- Layer the rest of the ingredients in this order- cream of mushroom soup, chicken, cheese, and the olives on the top.
- Let this cook for an hour or two and serve. Great with Sour cream on top.