Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 hrs
My sister gave me this recipe a few years ago and I make it all the time. It tastes so good, it's hard to believe it only takes about 5 minutes to put together!
- Place chicken breasts in slow cooker.
- Mix onions and soup and pour over chicken breasts.
- Cook on high for 5 hours, or on low for about 8 hours.
- About 45 minutes before you are going to eat, separate each biscuit into thirds and place on top of chicken mixture in crock pot.
- Cook for about 45 minutes or until biscuits are no longer doughy.
The only thing i would add would be water or chicken broth in each of the soup cans to make more liquid for more servings. This recipe is NOT for 4 servings....maybe 2. I added a package of old fashioned white gravy i had on hand with 2 cups of water to make more and keep the soup thick. Other than that, its delish!!
This was so comforting - the perfect dish after a long day's work. It was quick to throw together and the only extra thing I did was to shred the chicken just before I put the dumplings in. It tasted lovely and I'll definitely be making it again!
This was pretty good for a quick crock pot dinner. I just made one change. I added about 1/2 a bag of frozen mixed veggies.