Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 hrs
My sister gave me this recipe a few years ago and I make it all the time. It tastes so good, it's hard to believe it only takes about 5 minutes to put together!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 small onion, chopped (optional)
- 1 (8 count) packagegrand refrigerated biscuits
- Place chicken breasts in slow cooker.
- Mix onions and soup and pour over chicken breasts.
- Cook on high for 5 hours, or on low for about 8 hours.
- About 45 minutes before you are going to eat, separate each biscuit into thirds and place on top of chicken mixture in crock pot.
- Cook for about 45 minutes or until biscuits are no longer doughy.
I feel that this is a great recipe, however, I think it needs extra water and more soup. My biscuits ended up soaking up all of it. I would suggest maybe getting 3-4 cans of soup and adding some water. I feel like it needed more dimension overall, probably could've used some carrots and celery. Next time I will make some adjustments to this recipe.
This was so comforting - the perfect dish after a long day's work. It was quick to throw together and the only extra thing I did was to shred the chicken just before I put the dumplings in. It tasted lovely and I'll definitely be making it again!
This is def worth 5 stars!
My changes- I added a can of vegetables, water and all- one fan of cream of mush, one of chicken, and i also cut my chicken into cubes. Added some extra minced garlic, mrs dash, basil, poulty seasoning and black pepper. I cooked mine on high for 3 hours, quarted the biscuits and stuck on top, let cook for another hour, stirred it all up and added 1/2 cup of masa to thicken. Made it less soupy, and the flavor was delish!!