Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is absolute comfort food here! This is a twist on an old favorite but with less hassle. Exceptional soup.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (3 lb) roasting chickens, cut up
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 2 carrots, peeled sliced
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup dry white wine (really adds a nice taste) (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated biscuits
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons flour
- In a large skillet, brown onion in butter and oil just until tender, then brown chicken parts and place all in a 6-quart crock pot.
- Add remaining ingredients except heavy cream, flour and biscuits. Cook on high 2-1/2 to 3 hours, or on low 5 to 7 hours.
- When chicken is done, remove pieces to plate and let cool, then debone.
- While chicken is cooling, mix flour and cream together, then stir into crock pot.
- Open biscuits and cut each biscuit into 4 pieces. Drop into crock pot and turn on high. These will need to cook about 30 minutes, until they are firm.
- Return chicken meat to crock pot after deboning and serve.
- Enjoy! ~V.
Very good! My biscuits stayed a little doughy but this is still wonderful! Thanks for sharing!