Prep 25 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A wonderful dish served over rice. A salad of peanuts, coconut and banana goes well with this, or on the side as condiments.
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 large onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 (14 ounce) cans tomatoes with juice, crushed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Brown chicken in butter; add garlic and onions and saute about 2 minutes.
- Transfer to slow cooker.
- Combine remaining ingredients and add to cooker.
- Cook low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve over rice.
This is a very tasty tomato based curry. The chicken dried out a bit but that is fairly comman in the crockpot and it was still good. I served over rice with broccoli.
Many thank's for this recipe! This curry recipe is my family's number curry choice! They are always pestering me to make this one :D
Delicious! Made as directed except added carrots. Topped with a dab of plain greek yogurt, YUM. Cooked on high for 2 hours.