Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Another incredibly easy but super tasty dish, a favorite in my house. Best served with rice.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 large potatoes, cubed
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Place chicken, onion and potatoes in crock pot.
- Mix orange juice, garlic, chicken bouillon, curry powder, salt and pepper and pour into crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low 5-6 hours.
- Remove chicken and vegetables and keep warm.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water and stir into sauce in crock pot.
- Cover and cook 20 min or until thickened.
- Spoon chicken and vegetables over rice and top with sauce.
This recipe was a very good one. I did make a few changes though. I seasoned my chicken a little bit before placing in the crockpot with the potatoes and onions. I did not want the chicken to be bland (even with the curry chicken can be bland), and my family refuses to eat any food without seasonings. Even though I did that- after it cooked in the crockpot, I found the sauce a little bit bland. So when I mixed the water and cornstarch, I also added seasonings(accent, a dash of salt, garlic salt, and pepper). Like the other reviewer, I did not remove the chicken and veggies, I simply poured the mixture in the crockpot and let it cook for an addtional 20 minutes. It was perfect after that. My family loved it! Thanks for the recipe!
Yum, this hit the spot! I added cumin spice as well as a handful of raisins, chopped celery and green/red peppers to the pot. Next time I might try it with coconut milk instead of orange juice to see if it makes for a creamier sauce. Thanks for posting!
Pretty good overall, just not very exciting. I think I'll jazz it up with few more ingredients next time.