Recipe by Lennie
Posted in response to a request for chicken-thigh crock pot recipes; found in "Company's Coming Slow Cooker Recipes".
Top Review by BeckyF
This recipe was great tasting and easy to make. When my husband and I go out to work on different projects we need something that is fast and I can go away and leave it for long periods of time. This was good the first day, but it was delicious the second day when all of the flavors combined.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 4 cups hot water
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 4 teaspoons low-sodium instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs or 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
Directions See How It's Made
- Put onion in crock pot, followed by tomato and green pepper.
- In a bowl, whisk together the hot water, curry powder, bouillon powder, ketchup and salt; pour mixture over vegetables.
- Arrange chicken pieces over top.
- Cover and cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours or on High for 4 to 5 hours.
- Transfer chicken to platter; remove vegetables with slotted spoon and place beside chicken.
- Pour broth into a separate gravy boat and serve.