Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 hrs
Posted in response to a request for chicken-thigh crock pot recipes; found in "Company's Coming Slow Cooker Recipes".
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 4 cups hot water
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 4 teaspoons low-sodium instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs or 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Put onion in crock pot, followed by tomato and green pepper.
- In a bowl, whisk together the hot water, curry powder, bouillon powder, ketchup and salt; pour mixture over vegetables.
- Arrange chicken pieces over top.
- Cover and cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours or on High for 4 to 5 hours.
- Transfer chicken to platter; remove vegetables with slotted spoon and place beside chicken.
- Pour broth into a separate gravy boat and serve.
This recipe was great tasting and easy to make. When my husband and I go out to work on different projects we need something that is fast and I can go away and leave it for long periods of time. This was good the first day, but it was delicious the second day when all of the flavors combined.
This was very good! I didn't like it how I did not have curry powder though...so, I made my own. This site said that it was a mixture of all kinds of spices, and listed a few, so I just threw in a bunch of different kinds. It turned out fine-lots of flavor. I cooked it on low for 10 hours, and some people in the family had it with rice. The vegetable mixture was the best! I used a about 4 small tomatoes, and a whole onion cut up. The chicken was very tender. So, this was yummy! Thank you for sharing!
Lennie, this was delicious! I was looking for an easy recipe to use up some chicken thighs! The only change I made was to add about half a teaspoon of cayenne red pepper to it! I cooked it for about 10 hours in the crockpot and the chicken and veggies were delicious. I served this over basmati rice and it was definitely a winner! Thanks Lennie!