Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
From the Community Recipe Swap at weightwatchers.com. Minus the rice, this recipe is 3 points per serving.
- 3 lbs uncooked boneless chicken breasts
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (7 ounce) candrained sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- hot sauce, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cooked brown rice
- Place raw chicken in the bottom of a Crock Pot.
- Combine all other ingredients except rice and pour over chicken. Do not stir.
- Cover with lid and simmer on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours. Stir chicken before serving over cooked rice.
I made this almost exactly as written. My elderly mother will not eat mushrooms. I was worried she wouldn't like this either since she really doesn't like trying new things. However I do the cooking and I like to try all sorts of new things. But she loved this and we actually ate left-overs the next night. That is unusual for she hates left overs let alone eating them the very next night. This is definitely a keeper and we will be making this again soon. Thanks for posting
This was a huge hit with the entire family, including my picky 7-year-old! The only change I made was using fresh mushrooms instead of canned. We'll be making this again!
I followed the recipe exactly and was not disappointed. Lots of flavor and I loved all the colors. We will be having the leftovers tomorrow over whole wheat pasta.