Recipe by ~Naner~
I love how easy this recipe is to put together. I have served this with a Apple-Cranberry Compote, and the meal reminds of Thanksgiving without all the work.
Top Review by NeoChef
This is a great core recipe for a quick and dirty crock-pot chicken. By itself, it does the job nicely enough (though it is a bit high in salt due to the convenience stuffing and canned soup, so I plan on trying out with home-made stuffing and stock).
I wanted to punch this recipe up notches on the flavor scale, so I added half a caramelized onion, some ripped sage, 1/4 C of crushed pecans and about 1/4 C dried sweetened cranberries. Served with some buttered noodles and steamed baby carrots.. the kids all asked for seconds.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted (Fat Free or regular)
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 (6 ounce) package cornbread stuffing mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in greased crock pot.
- Pour undiluted soup on top of chicken.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine cornbread stuffing, butter and water.
- Mix until well combined, then spoon over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until juices run clear.