Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I love how easy this recipe is to put together. I have served this with a Apple-Cranberry Compote, and the meal reminds of Thanksgiving without all the work.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted (Fat Free or regular)
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 (6 ounce) package cornbread stuffing mix
- Place chicken in greased crock pot.
- Pour undiluted soup on top of chicken.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine cornbread stuffing, butter and water.
- Mix until well combined, then spoon over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until juices run clear.
This is a great core recipe for a quick and dirty crock-pot chicken. By itself, it does the job nicely enough (though it is a bit high in salt due to the convenience stuffing and canned soup, so I plan on trying out with home-made stuffing and stock).
I wanted to punch this recipe up notches on the flavor scale, so I added half a caramelized onion, some ripped sage, 1/4 C of crushed pecans and about 1/4 C dried sweetened cranberries. Served with some buttered noodles and steamed baby carrots.. the kids all asked for seconds.
I used stove top stuffing mix and it turned out great. The chicken was moist and delicous. The entire family enjoyed this easy meal. Thanks for sharing.
This recipe is easy, fool proof & comes out perfect everytime, one of our favorites