Prep 25 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Canned cream-style corn gives this soup a rich taste.
Make and share this Crock Pot Chicken Corn Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 3 -3 1⁄2 lbs chicken, cut up
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 3 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 medium russet potato, peeled and diced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 cup canned tomato sauce
- 2 -14 1⁄2 ounces chicken broth
- 17 ounces cream-style corn
- 2 medium size zucchini, cut lenghtwise, quartered, then thinly sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towels; set aside.
- In a 4 quart crock pot, combine onion, carrots, celery, potatoe, and 3 Tablespoons of the parsley.
- Add chicken, then pour in tomato sauce and broth.
- Cover and cook at low setting for 7 to 8 hours. Chicken and potatoes should be tender when pierced with a fork.
- Lift out chicken and place on cutting board to cool to touch.
- Next, skim and sicard fat from broth mixture. Stir in corn and turn crock pot to high heat. Cover and cook for additional 15 minutes.
- Once chicken is cool, dicard bone and skin. Tear chicken into bite size pieces.
- Return chicken to crock pot and sliced zucchini to broth; cover and cook until zucchini is tender (about 10 to 15 minutes).
- Season soup with salt and pepper.
- Before serving, sprinkle the remaining 1 Tablespoon of parsley on top of soup.
Wonderful flavourful hearty soup!! Because I used 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts I chose to remove all visible fat and cut them into bite sized pieces in the begining and did not puree the soup veggies. I had no zucchini but had some fresh spinach to use up, also discovered the can of cream style corn I thought I had was not there, so had to use a can of corn kernels. Turned out delicious and I will be making it again, it will be great to have in the freezer over the winter and made a very tasty supper tonight. Thanks for posting.