Recipe by cajunhippiegirl
Yummy comfort food. Super easy to put together in your crock pot & because you precook most of the items, this meal doesn't take all day to cook. Serve with warm rolls and butter and you have an easy and tasty meal for a cold night. This is a great dish to come home from work and put together and then walk off & do other things for a couple of hours.
Top Review by carole in orlando
Very creamy and total comfort food! I did add ground pepper and 2 tsps of instant chicken boullion granules for more flavor. I did not add potatoes as the soup had plenty of nice pieces of potato in it. I used regular corn as I did not have white corn. I cooked it for 5 hours on low and all the veggies were done. This is a great meal to have with some rolls and very satisfying. Thanks, Carole in Orlando
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 medium potatoes, cubed
- 2 stalks celery, Chopped
- 2 small carrots, Diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 cup frozen white corn
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of potato soup
- water, 1/2 soup can
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil Chicken Breasts in water, you can add some bouillon for richer broth if you want.
- While chicken is boiling, chop onion, carrots, celery, potatoes.
- When chicken is cooked, remove from broth, add chopped veggies and boil until semi-tender.
- When Chicken has cooled enough to handle either shred or chop into bite size pieces.
- Spray crock pot liner with PAM.
- Add 2 cans Cream of Potato Soup and water.
- Add Can of Creamed Corn and Frozen Corn Kernels.
- Add Cooked Chicken.
- Add All Cooked Veggies along with broth.
- Add Dill Weed and Parsley.
- Cook on High for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours ( or so) add 2 TBSP butter and evaporated milk.
- Stir all together and cook for approx 10 minutes.
- If chowder is not thick enough thicken by adding instant potato flakes until you reach the desired consistency. Be sure when adding these you do it a little bit at a time and give them a couple of minutes to thicken up.
- Serve with warm rolls and butter.